Falmouth, Maine 04105
(207) 878 3331
Falmouth, Maine 04105
(207) 878 3332
1. Families are welcome to visit or call our center at any time.
2. Our center’s hours are 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please be respectful of our hours. We will enforce a late policy. After arriving past 5:30 p.m. a written warning will be issued only once. Failure to arrive each time thereafter will result in a $1.00 per minute charge.
3. Application papers and acknowledgement form must be filled out before child’s first day.
4. The center will require a one-week deposit at time of enrollment. This deposit is non-refundable. All deposits will be applied to the last week of enrollment.
5. Discounts will be given if two or more children are enrolled with a 10% discount taken off of the oldest child’s tuition.
6. A non-refundable registration fee of $40.00 per child will be charged every January. Each additional sibling will receive a 10% discount off of their registration fee.
7. Tuition is due on the first day that your child attends Little Hands for that week. Non-payment after two weeks will result in dismissal. Late payment received after 12:00 p.m. on Wednesdays will receive a $5.00 late charge per day until payment is received. A returned check will mean a $25.00 fee and continued payment with a money order or certified check until further notice. Tuition is based on enrollment, not attendance. To maintain a reserved space, tuition must be paid during the absence of a child due to vacation, illness, holiday, etc.
8. Each child will need an immunization record. All records should be current and updated periodically.
9. Each child will need a three ring binder for their portfolio that will travel with them through each classroom and be yours to have when you leave Little Hands.
10. We offer snacks twice daily and milk with lunch. Parents will need to provide a healthy lunch everyday. Our classrooms are equipped with a refrigerator and microwave to warm any meals.
11. We are a NUT FREE center. Please check everything you send in for your child and for special occasion treats for the whole class. Food nutritional information labels will state if the product contains nuts or has been processed in a facility with other nut products.
12. We suggest that your child have adequate extra clothing for inside (ex. socks, pants, underpants) and weather appropriate clothing for outside. We use our playground twice daily, even in the winter, weather permitting. Please label all of your child’s belongings.
13. Little Hands is open year round. We do not close for any length of time in the summer or during school vacations. If it is necessary to delay opening in the morning or close for the day, Little Hands will be posted on Channel 8 and Channel 6 (television and internet). If it is necessary to close early because of severe weather conditions, management will call all parents.
14. The center will be closed in observance of the following holidays: New Year’s, Martin Luther King Fr. Day, President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. (The exact dates are subject to change depending on the calendar year. (A complete list of the current year’s closings will be posted.) We will be closed one additional day for an employee in-service day. Minimum 2 weeks notice will be given as to when that day will be.
15. A 30 day written notice will be given to all families when policies change or tuition rates increase.
16. When withdrawing from the program, we ask for a two-week written notification. Full tuition is expected during these two weeks. If no notice is given for withdrawing, steps will be taken for collection.
17. Little Hands Daycare and Learning Center has the right to dismiss a family for conflicts of interest.
18. All members of the Little Hands Staff are mandated reporters as determined by Maine State Law and are required to report any suspected instances of child abuse or neglect. Prior parent notification is not required.